Thursday, December 5, 2013


The Amazing, Incredible, Unbelievable History of Silicon Valley Design
 
Don't miss out! Join us for esteemed professor and Bay Area design historian Barry Katz as he presents "The Amazing, Incredible, Unbelievable History of Silicon Valley Design".
After decades of obscurity, design leaders today can be seen addressing Fortune 500 CEO's at TED and mingling with heads of state at the World Economic Forum in Davos. Barry's presentation will describe the formation of a professional design practice in Silicon Valley, the transformations it has undergone over the course of its 60 year history, and its astonishing rise to world prominence. In today's business environment sound engineering is merely the price of admission to the market; it is increasingly recognized that a product must exhibit good, and even outstanding design if it is to compete.

Barry Katz is Professor of Industrial and Interaction and Design at the California College of the Arts, Consulting Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Stanford University, and Fellow at IDEO, the global design consultancy. He has been editor of the Design Book Review and his writings on the history and philosophy of design have appeared in many academic, professional, and popular journals. His most recent books are Change By Design (with Tim Brown), NONOBJECT (with Branko Lukic), and Ecosystem of Innovation: The History of Silicon Valley Design (to be published by the MIT Press).
 
Click here for Tickets


Date & Time:
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Mingling @ 6pm, Lecture @ 7pm, Conclusion @ 9pm
Hors d'oeuvres and beverages are included

Seating is limited and pre-registration is required.
Tickets are $20 per person ($10 for the first 10 IDSA members that sign-up).
Tickets at the door are $40 per person.

Location:
Wharton | San Francisco
2 Harrison Street, Sixth Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105

7 comments:

Lina said...

Hello there! A big heads up for the really good content! It undoubtedly helped me very much. I highly recommend you drop by and see my internet site which actually is about aquaponics!
voyance gratuite par mail

Anonymous said...

“I was looking for this information in search engines and thank god I got this information here. Thanks a lot”
voyance gratuitement

voyance said...

You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.
voyance gratuite par email

Anonymous said...

This blog is so nice to me. I will continue to come here again and again
Good luck


voyance par mail gratuite

Unknown said...

“I was looking for this information in search engines and thank god I got this information here. Thanks a lot”.
voyance par mail

Unknown said...

Grâce à vous, j'ai pu apprendre beaucoup de choses intéressantes. J'espère en apprendre encore.



voyance en ligne

Anonymous said...

I am extremely pleased with Mr Lee's Loan service and your suggestions have helped me get a very good home loan deal. I would be pleased to recommend your services to my friends here looking for a loan.”
Don't go anywhere else if you are looking for a loan. Mr Lee is the best. I highly recommend his services. The best I have ever had the pleasure to work with was his low rate loan. ”
This is Mr Lee Contact just in case anyone here is looking for a loan.
Whatsapp: +1-989-394-3740. & Email: 247officedept@gmail.com